Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Compiled HTML Help file

• Please log in to reply

Sharon Baldacchino

Sharon Baldacchino

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello,

I'm trying to open a compiled HTML file which I downloaded but when clicking on a document it gives me an error, which reads as follows:

This program cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Check your Internet connection.
Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.
Retype the address.

What is my problem please? I do have an internet connection. Is it possible to open it with another software?

Thanks in advance.

Sharon

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
When you open the file from the website you downloaded it from are you able to link to the site in question? It may be that the address is relative on the file, it would need to be absolute to work on your computer. If that's the case you can do a little copying and pasting in your browser window to access the page in question.