Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD's....not good....

• Please log in to reply

logreeval

logreeval

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
Ok, i will download it right now.

My computer is bootable, the blue screen only happens if I start to work before all the startup programs are loaded...i have been getting in the habit of waiting a while longer for it to start up all the way..

Advertisements

logreeval

logreeval

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
ran it...no errors

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts

My computer is bootable, the blue screen only happens if I start to work before all the startup programs are loaded...i have been getting in the habit of waiting a while longer for it to start up all the way..

That is very useful information and would explain the memory management errors. With 2GB of memory it should handle it just fine. What type of processor do you have? How many programs start at startup? Any of them memory intensive?

logreeval

logreeval

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
I have 1.66 Ghz processor dual core and I have a few light programs on startup, plus Vmware..

I just looked at my HJT log and found out I had a small piece of malware, I dont think that was the problem.

any ideas?

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I would say VMware Due to the way that it works with memory in the system. That is one of those programs I would start manually.

logreeval

logreeval

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
Probably so.

I am just going to do some maintence, uninstall stuff, defrag etc...

If I need some more help, I will post :whistling: