Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP with PowerDVD 6 INSTALL!

• Please log in to reply

sbuxcomp

sbuxcomp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Everyone, I am trying to edit some DVD's but first I need to be able to view them. I tried installing PowerDVD 6 Deluxe but at 92% completion a pop-up comes up saying,

"Catastrophic Failure"

and then a few seconds later another one says,

"Instruction at "0x7c910e03" referenced memory at "0x20510013". The memory could not be "written". Press OK to terminate the program."

If anyone could help me with this problem that would be great. If anyone knows of any other programs I could download that would allow me to view MPEG-2, please send me some information. Thanks for all the help.

~:SBUXCOMP:~

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
The installer is trying to write into a protected part of memory which is being used by another program or hardware driver. It's also possible that the memory is bad, but not very likely. You need to find out which current program is using "0x20510013" in memory and see if it can be uninstalled or relocated.

For viewing mpeg2/DVD format you can use the Cole2K media pack which has valid non-hacked codecs for any number of rare formats.

Edited by Tyger, 20 May 2007 - 02:28 PM.

sbuxcomp

sbuxcomp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey thanks for the help Tyger...but I am still having some problems. I am in the Registry Editor searching for Key, Values, and Data of 0x20510013. But nothing comes up. ??? The search doesn't locate any Data for that memory section. If I find the file or hardware that is on the specified memory how do i relocate it? Any help would be much appreciated. thank you.

SbuxComp