Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

startup message

• Please log in to reply

pmtn

pmtn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Every time I start my computer, I get a screen saying that my system 32 files are hidden. It's no big deal = I just "X" out of that screen, but it is annoying since it happens every time. How do I eliminate this annoyance? Thanks.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
What is the Full Error message?

pmtn

pmtn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It's actually not an error message. It's a box - a separate window that opens. It says in the title bar of the window, "System 32." Below that it says that these files are hidden. Click here to see these hidden files.

As I said, I just exit out of that box. But it happens every time I start the computer. Just an annoyance at this point. Thanks for your help.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Here are a couple things you can try:

1.) Please download the file located HERE to somewhere on your computer where you will remember its location. Then find the file on your computer and double-click it to run it. Click YES to the warning: To work correctly, the script will close and restart the Windows Explorer shell. This will not harm your system. Continue?. when it's done, reboot your computer.

2.) Microsoft has a Knowledge Base article, found HERE, that deals with this exact issue.

If neither of these work, then we will try other options, which would include disabling all startup entries that don't need to be run, etc...

REMEMBER TO BACKUP THE REGISTRY BEFORE EDITING IT WHEN GOING THROUGH THE MICROSOFT KNOWLEDGE BASE ARTICLE!

Fenor