Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Save Dump "BugCheck"

• Please log in to reply

Dark One 123

Dark One 123

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I got that in my Event Viewer.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini052007-01.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

I uploaded the dump file as well

Also for some reason my PC's Temp is 85C it seems all the fans are working thought.

I got an
Intel Pentium D
1GB DDR2 Ram

Attached Files

Edited by Dark One 123, 20 May 2007 - 10:10 AM.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
could you please reattach the minidump in a zip folder just how it is.

To get the Minidumps do the following

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to %systemroot%\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder.%systemroot% is normally c:\windows. They are numbered by date. You can paste that address in address bar to get there.
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder. Please do NOT compress them in .rar
4 > use the "add reply" option upload that zip file here as an attachment.

Edited by tuxmaster, 20 May 2007 - 03:55 AM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If cpu temp is 85 degrees C then you must reduce it immediately or else the cpu will be damaged (if it's not already damaged). Open the computer and clean the heatsink with the aid of a small brush and a can of compressed air.

Dark One 123

Dark One 123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I think the CPU Temp is false, but I guess I can clean it.
Right now its at 75C we'll see at what temp it is after I clean it. I might just buy a brand new much better Fan for it.
Well I cleaned it and now it says its at 50C I got to admit, there was a lot of dust.

Edited by Dark One 123, 20 May 2007 - 10:28 AM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
The results are in.

The Driver that it is pointing too I have no information on.

0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
A driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high.
This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.

Possible caused by homeqos.sys

It took me a while to find what that driver is located with. do you remember installing a program from http://www.homeqos.com/
Because the bug check is pointing to this program causing the problem. However there is not much information on this program so I can not verify the programs integrity.

Dark One 123

Dark One 123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I have DU Super Controller, it limits the speed a program can go at. I rarely use it nowadays. I do not really need it I can use something else. I will uninstall it now. Also wow and thanks.

I have removed it, I will need to wait up to a week or more and if it does not freeze, I tick it as fixed. Also what program did you use to read the dump file?

Edited by Dark One 123, 21 May 2007 - 02:00 AM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
The program I used was Windows Debugger.

More information and download found here

It is development tools but it is very good for troubleshooting blue screens. More information is also found in my signature for setting it up.

Dark One 123

Dark One 123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Will have to remember it for next time. But hopefully my PC is now fine.

Dark One 123

Dark One 123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
It froze again this time it said "Application popup: : Machine Check: Regs" in the Event Viewer.

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 26
Source: Application Popup
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: STATUS_LOG_HARD_ERROR

Explanation
The program could not load a driver because the program user doesn't have sufficient privileges to access the driver or because the drive is missing or corrupt.

User Action
To correct this problem:

Ensure that the program user has sufficient privileges to access the directory in which the driver is installed.
Reinstall the program to restore the driver to the correct location.
If these solutions do not work, contact Product Support Services.

Version: 5.0
Symbolic Name: status_log_hard_error
Message: Unable to Load Device Driver : device driver could not be loaded.

Explanation
The program could not load a driver because the program user doesn't have sufficient privileges to access the driver or because the drive is missing or corrupt.

User Action
To correct this problem:

Reinstall the program to restore the driver to the correct location.
If these solutions do not work, contact Product Support Services.

I got that from the help. I have no idea what the drivers it is looking for and I do have admin rights.
The only thing I can think of is to update all my drivers from manufacturers website.

Edited by Dark One 123, 27 May 2007 - 10:13 AM.

Dark One 123

Dark One 123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Someone told me of www.driveragent.com I went there and it showed me there is an update for my graphics card, sound card and the VIA4in1's VIA Machine INF and VIA IDE Driver 1.20D update. I am hoping it was the VIA Drivers which were causing the problem. I updated them all now I need my PC on for a week to see if it worked or not.

Edited by Dark One 123, 27 May 2007 - 03:04 PM.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Are you still getting those Blue screen error messages or is this a different issue?

Dark One 123

Dark One 123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
It seems like a different issue but like last time my screen freezes. I got a Process Monitor from SysInternals that I will be running during the night just in case if it does freeze. This problem seems to be a driver issue (I have updated) like I said in my previous post. This is just a waiting game now to see if within a week it freezes or not.

Edited by Dark One 123, 28 May 2007 - 05:11 AM.

Dark One 123

Dark One 123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
It has been on for 12 days now without freezing. So I guess I had 2 different freeze problems. lol What are the chances of that?
Thank you tuxmaster for helping me fix the first one. The second one was a simple VIA Driver Updates (Should of guessed it was the drivers) since now that I look back on it, it seems to have occurred when I upgraded from Intel Celeron to Intel Pentium D

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Dark One 123,

Good to know your system is more stable now.

You did put the heatsink grease on when you upgraded your CPU is that correct?

Edited by tuxmaster, 08 June 2007 - 06:08 PM.

Dark One 123

Dark One 123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Dark One 123,

Good to know your system is more stable now.

You did put the heatsink grease on when you upgraded your CPU is that correct?

Yeah I put heatsink grease on.