Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Windows Service Pack 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
hello i have had to format my disk and reinstall windows xp prof but now it will not allow me to install service pack 2 as it says it does not like my product key

does anyone know where i can get service pack 2 that will install on my pc,i ran a program that uninstalls wga

thank you.

Edited post to remove capitalization from all letters. Typing in all capital letters is considered to be yelling. Sentences in all capital letters are very hard to read. It is also considered to be rude to type in all capital letters in a post on a site where you are trying to get FREE help.

Edited by Fenor, 20 May 2007 - 07:50 AM.

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
There is nothing we can do to help you if Microsoft thinks your product key is illegal. You can try contacting Microsoft and describe your situation and see if they can help you resolve it, but I doubt they will. Microsoft is a stickler when it comes to possible pirating of their software, and for good reason. Your best bet is probably to go and buy a legit copy from an online store or real store in your area.

Also, it is against the ToS of this site to help someone with a problem with any illegally gotten software, so I am closing this topic. If you have any questions regarding this issue, feel free to PM me or another moderator or administrator of this site.

Edited by Fenor, 20 May 2007 - 07:56 AM.