Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Error upon doing...just about everything.

• Please log in to reply

Otach

Otach

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Upon starting up computer, I am always presented with an error. This error says something similar to:

"Windows startup process has been stopped to prevent damage to your computer" etc etc, and at the bottom it says:

*** STOP: 0x00000051 (0x00000003, 0x00000003, 0x00000000, 0xE11FE000)

This same error happens when I try to boot it from Windows XP CD, or boot it ANY other way. What do I do? Please help!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
This is usually due to a registry error, but occassionally memory management issues as well.

Usually, it will say registry error, though.

This is the process for recovering from the registry error

http://support.micro...B;EN-US;q307545

It's...complex.

That said, if you are getting it while booting from CD, I would tend toward memory management. Are you comfortable on the inside of a computer?

After grounding yourself, you might have some luck by removing a memory module.

You said booting from the cd....I assume you tried last known good config and command line prompt?

Otach

Otach

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yup. I said I tried every boot option, including booting from a CD, and get the same error every time. By the way, it does say REGISTRY ERROR at the top I think..

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I know you said it...just double covering....I think you need to do the link I showed you.

It is not difficult, just time consuming....print it, go slow, you'll be fine.