Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ulzRWHGB.exe Spyware? Malware? Virus?

• Please log in to reply

sgovoni

sgovoni

• Pip
  • 1 posts
New to the forum and after looking at some of the detailed answers I'm impressed. Thanks for taking the time to help!

Here's my problem:
After manually removing a few spyware .exe's running on an XP Home machine (end the process, delete the .exe in C:\Windows and/or removing the application if it's in C:\Program Files\), I found a process named "ulzRWHGB.exe" --caps exact as typed.

Here's one of my methods of spyware removal....I know it's not terribly scientific :tazz:
1)check the task manager and look for anything that looks suspicious
2)then Google it to confirm my suspicions
3)then manually remove it

I also use AdAware and Search & Destroy

The problem here is that "ulzRWHGB.exe" doesn't get any hits on any search engines. So my only real question is this: has anyone heard of this process?

I can't find anything on C:\ or in the registry related to "ulzRWHGB.exe" (even doing *ulz* searches). When I try to end the process via the task manager, the number of instances gradually increases to around 10 before backing to 2 instances---very strange anyway, never seen anything like it.

Thanks for reading!

Scott

Advertisements