Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 problem!

• Please log in to reply

soccerdabest

soccerdabest

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I just bought the game Call of Duty 2 for my PC but something is wrong. The multiplayer works fine, but when i try playing single player, when i click the icon an error message appears and says "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application. The game is not pirated since I bought it from Best Buy. Please somebody help me, I dont know whats going on, other games work perfectly on my pc, and my pc meets the minimal requirements of the game!

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hi,

First of all, have you tried uninstalling the game, restarting your PC, installing it again and install all the patches?

soccerdabest

soccerdabest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
well i tried reinstalling the game, but between reinstallation i havent tried restarting my computer.and no i havent downloaded any patches 4 it because i dont know where to get them and im afraid of accidentally downloading some sort of virus...plz help!

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Filefront.com fileplanet.com gamershell.com 3dgamers.com

Any of the above.

soccerdabest

soccerdabest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
r there lots of patches, cause if there r how am i gonna know which 1 to download

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Apply them in order.

Do you have another DVD drive you can try the disk in?

cold519

cold519

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i just bought call of duty 2 and installed it but when i click on the start button it just flashes a black screen and then goes back to my desktop i have tried repetadly reinstalling this game can anyone give me some advise. please.

Salku69

Salku69

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
You may not handle the requirement of the video setting then, try this and he could see if your system can handle it,

go to http://www.xfire.com, if you dont have an account sign up, then go to upload rig and let see what you have then... seems like you cant handle the game in my opinion

Also try it in safe mode...

Edited by Salku69, 30 May 2007 - 05:05 PM.

soccerdabest

soccerdabest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
yo salku, im sure that i can handle it because i checked all the requirements(multiplayer works!!!!).And ill try using safe mode, only im not sure of how to...oh and by the way, nice profile on ur battlefield 2 mulitplayer account(that battlefield 2, right???) i also play so watch out 4 the name Dragon SmallAfon.lol. Anywayz more help with my situation would be appreciated!

soccerdabest

soccerdabest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
yo salku, im sure that i can handle it because i checked all the requirements(multiplayer works!!!!).And ill try using safe mode, only im not sure of how to...oh and by the way, nice profile on ur battlefield 2 mulitplayer account(that battlefield 2, right???) i also play so watch out 4 the name Dragon SmallAfon.lol. Anywayz more help with my situation would be appreciated!

Salku69

Salku69

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
i was actually referring to cold519 problem and for yours i took to find it so try to see if this helps you.. here is the link to the website

https://activision.c...amp;p_topview=1

I am getting disk read errors or insert CD / DVD errors on launch.
Answer
# Hold down the left shift key when inserting the game disc.

# All background applications must be shutdown prior to running the game.

# Set the CD-ROM cache size to zero.

# Change the DMA setting on the CD-ROM drive.

# Make sure the drive letters for the CD-ROM is set correctly.

# Make sure that the location for CD music to play is set correctly.

# Make sure your system can successfully play Audio CD's.

# Turn off Auto Insert Notification.

# If you have the CD burning software Alcohol 120% installed you need to turn off all of the emulation options.
1) Go to File > Options.
2) Click on Emulation in the menu to the left.
3) Uncheck all options in the window to the right.

# If you have CloneCD you need to turn off the Hide CDR media setting. This setting is accessible from the task tray icon for clone CD. Right-click on the icon and uncheck Hide CDR media.

The following information may be helpful in resolving game play problems. Please review the error messages below and follow the corrective action instructions provided under the appropriate error message. Should problems persist or not appear on this list, please email us.

* If you are experiencing the following error (Please note the icon):

Please ensure the original CD is in the local drive. If you are running the game from a virtual drive you must insert the original CD in the drive while the program is launching to authenticate the game. Once the CD is in the local drive, restart the game. You do not need to uninstall your virtual drive software.

This program requires the original game CD be present in the local drive. The program is unable to confirm if the game CD is original. If the game CD is the original CD, please eject and re-insert the game CD and retry. You may have to reboot the machine to unload previous drivers that were loaded. If you are still experiencing problems, try running the game from a CD Reader.

This program will not run while emulation software is running. Please turn off all emulation software and restart the program. It is not required to uninstall the emulation software, just ensure it is not running concurrently with the program.

* If you are experiencing the following error:

“A debugger has been detected. Unload the debugger and try again”

Please uninstall any kernel level debuggers from the system and restart the game.

* If you are experiencing the following error:

“Please login with administrator privilege and try again”

The game must be installed by an account with administrator privileges. Please re-install the game. Run the game the FIRST TIME within an account with Admin or Power User privileges. The program must install NT/W2K/XP drivers onto the system, which requires administrator privileges. Subsequent plays are allowed from any account level.

* If you are experiencing the problem running the game with Virtual Drive:

This game CAN be played using a Virtual Drive. However, it does require the original CD be present in the drive when you first start the game. After initialization, the CD may be removed and play can continue. Please ensure the original CD is in the local CD drive when you start the game.

* If you are experiencing the following issue:

After display of the initial game splash screens the application exits to windows desktop and nothing happens.

Please ensure debugger software is not installed in the system.

If you have an Nforce based motherboard go to http://www.nvidia.co...ers/drivers.asp and get the latest Nforce drivers for your motherboard chipset.

i have both games under the same name, see you on the field then, but i seen your account and you favor wake island 2007, i hate that map but i play it now and then, account name is Salku and hail from the clan [BoP]...

-Salku

soccerdabest

soccerdabest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
i have some questions i dont really get how to see if the drive letters r set properly. and i dont know which dma mode to try using. also maybe i should try downloading some patches or something?and how do i know if i have a virtual drive on my comp.

Salku69

Salku69

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
you should be able to see when it starts on your windows

if not use ccleaner to spot it out if you cant see your virtual drive, like daemon or something

DMA CD-ROM Drive Icon Does Not Appear in Windows Explorer:

SYMPTOMS
When you try to view a CD-ROM drive in Windows Explorer that requires Direct Memory Access (DMA), the drive may not be present, but the drive may be present in Device Manager. If the DMA settings are disabled in the CD-ROM properties, the drive may be present after you restart your computer, although a CD-ROM drive that supports DMA may not retain the DMA setting after you restart your computer.

Back to the top
CAUSE
This problem can occur because during enumeration of your hardware devices, a device conflict can occur, and this may cause Configuration Manager to rebalance the resources of your computer. During this arbitration process, the Integrated Drive Electronics (IDE) controller input/output (I/O) range is changed from the boot configuration to a different configuration, but the primary and secondary controller resources are not changed properly.

Back to the top
RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, perform a forced configuration of the hard disk controller:
1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.
2. Click the Device Manager tab, and then double-click the Hard Disk Controllers branch to expand it.
3. Double-click the listed IDE controller.
4. Click the Resources tab, and then click to clear the Use Automatic Settings check box.
5. Change the I/O range from the current setting to a different I/O range, and then click OK. For example, if the setting is currently 1410-141f, change it to 1060-106f.
6. Close all open Windows, and then restart your computer.

------Reference from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/235859

MasterLaptop

MasterLaptop

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey guy, How much do you have to pay for CallDuty 2?

Salku69

Salku69

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
did it work yet?

Edited by Salku69, 04 June 2007 - 04:19 PM.