Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Computer Malfunction - flickers on and off

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm writing for my mom who's computer seems to be glitching in a weird way. I'm not sure of the model of the computer, i don't live with her, but i know it's a desktop with XP. when she goes to plug the computer into a power source the power flickers on and off and there's a machine gun noise that comes from the speakers. the monitor shows no signal from the pc. she had the computer on and suddenly it started doing it, and now when it's plugged into a power source it just goes nuts. any ideas on what is causing this?

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Short in either the power supply or the mainboard.

The noise you are hearing is AC noise.