Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Problem

• Please log in to reply

shadystight08

shadystight08

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hello everyone,

I currently have a printer problem, as you may have read. Earlier I tried printing somethings and while it was printing I accidentally hit the power buton on the printer. Now it has a printer icon on the lower right hand part of my screen. Once you click on it, it beings up the things you are trying to print. So I right-clicked on all of them and hit cancel and they all disapeared except for one. The status on this one says Deleting - Printing. I tried to put the computer on standby but it brings up a little one option (ok) window that says 'The service 'Print Spooler' is preventing the machine from entering standby. Try stopping the service and try again'. I have no idea what this is. Can someone help me as soon as possible?

Advertisements

GodSpeed005

GodSpeed005

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
I'd start with a quick computer restart. Also, power down the printer totally for about 15 seconds. I've had this happen before, not completely sure what it is, maybe a print job stuck in printer memory. But that's probably the easiest solution, unless someone else with more knowledge wants to chime in here.

shadystight08

shadystight08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I can not believe I didnt think of restarting the computer. Maybe I was more worried about the problem than worrying about how to solve it :whistling: Thank you so much for the help.

GodSpeed005

GodSpeed005

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Nope, thats just how it usually goes with computers, the simplest things are always overlooked.