Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help With Lack Of Sound

• Please log in to reply

jocko7106

jocko7106

• Pip
  • 4 posts
HI there, hopefully this is in right place.

I cannot get any sound of PC, this happened after when installing another application (possible sound forge or audacity, but it may not have been these two) was asked to Synch......... (bad case of pressing yes without reading, one of cardinal sins at work but just seems to happen at home) and since then I cannot get any sound program to play,.

Its fairly bog standard set up and only use above 2 sound programs for external applications.

I did a bit of research on web and it suggested sound drivers may have become "confused" and may need to re-install, however not too sure, or confident, of how to do it without damaging further.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted,

Regards

Advertisements

macko01

macko01

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
do u no how to get into your device manager ?

jocko7106

jocko7106

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

do u no how to get into your device manager ?

Not sure I do, I was in the Sounds and Audio devices within the Control Panel but couldn't find anything there.

macko01

macko01

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
If you go into your sytart menu click run and enter "devmgmt.msc" go to your speaker and check if theres any yellow exclamation marks ! if so reply 11

jocko7106

jocko7106

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

If you go into your sytart menu click run and enter "devmgmt.msc" go to your speaker and check if theres any yellow exclamation marks ! if so reply 11

HI there, thanks for help by the way,

After your first note I went into my device manager via the help, there are no yellow exclamation marks, and I tried the update driver but it said my current version is the most up to date, so looks the RealTek driver is there and okay.

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
try to double click the speaker icon down by the clock. check and make sure the volumes are up and none are muted. ex. wave control.

good luck

jocko7106

jocko7106

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

try to double click the speaker icon down by the clock. check and make sure the volumes are up and none are muted. ex. wave control.

good luck

Hi there, thanks for that but yes all volumes are up and none muted (including wave control, assume this is okay), still no luck with this.

Thanks again

Cheers