Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

0x00000050 + Network Connections empty

• Please log in to reply

ger_macaco

ger_macaco

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm here because I'm trying to fix a computer that has lots of issues and I don't know how to work it out.

First, let me say that when I first saw the computer I realized it had plenty of spyware and troyans and when booting in normal mode, got BSOD 0x50. Also, there was no internet connection.. the network connections folder was empty (not even the create new button).
This is what I did:
- Boot in safe mode (not getting any BSOD)
- Installed and ran kaspersky AV and Spybot S&D. Fixed several troyans and spyware.
- Ran CCleaner. Cleared temporary files and fixed registry issues.

After that, there was no spyware except for rpcc.dll (smitfraud.c) that couldn't be deleted (even at boot). Deleted file manually with avenger.

Now, the computer is free of spyware but I'm still getting the BSOD with same error (no file specified) and the network connections folder is still empty.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Many Thanks

Advertisements

washout

washout

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
get an xp cd and a pot of coffee.
reformat c:

ger_macaco

ger_macaco

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yes.. that is what I was expecting to avoid.. though, It seems the only solution

washout

washout

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
na man.
someone will drop by a more productive solution, or at least get things moving for you.
im not good with bsod problems.