Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Intel Active Monitor

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Is it possible that the Intel Active Monitor software can cause a computer to completely stop functioning (black screen, can't restart, only fan works extra hard)?

I have a dell dimension 8400 with Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz, and when I tried to install the Intel Active Monitor to check cpu temperature (since speedfan was not showing it), I got the above symptoms and now can't do anything with the computer at all. I created a restore point before the installation, but I can't even get the system to boot.

edit: Sorry for the double post about the same problem. Turns out it was most likely coincidence that the installation was starting as the problem occurred.

Edited by CelestialTeardrop, 22 May 2007 - 08:19 PM.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same system and the same thing happened to me 2 days ago. Intel told me to go to dell for help and they have an advisor on my case now, but I don`t have restore poiint and I cannot afford to lose what I have on that other drive. I have had to install windows again on another hard drive just to get online, to try and sort it.

It starts in safe mode, but I never actually got to install the Intel Active Monitor, it just went off like the guy above said, as soon as I clicked the executable.

Intel said that the reason is that our mother boards don`t support that software but why all the strange symptoms and no trouble on the same hardware using another install of windows.

I tried repairing the other installation (twice) but it had no effect. I've done everything I can think of, virus, trojan, spyware etc scans + scandisk, all to no avail...

My sound card cannot be found on this new install either. I don`t know if that has anything to do with it.

Anyone help me please!