Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Audio Device

• Please log in to reply

chaefner

chaefner

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
When ever I restat my computer I check the audio device from the control pannel. At first it says that I have one then when I try to play some music it says i dont have one and the "Sound and Audio Device Property" window is all greyed out. Some times when I disable my audio device then enable it, it works. Also at random times my task bar turns grey like the older windows versions. I'm sure there isnt a virus b/c i have run several virus scan. Any help would be great.

Also when I go into the Device Manager it shows a yellow "!" next to Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver. I have no idea what to do. I went into the troubleshooter and it says to uninstall the device then reinstall it. I dont want to screw anything up so I am kind of hesitant to do it.

Edited by Fenor, 22 May 2007 - 02:24 PM.

Advertisements

chaefner

chaefner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
anybody have an idea that would help??

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Here's an idea.

Try uninstalling the 'Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver' entry in your devices and reboot the computer.

If that doesn't work, try visiting www.windowsupdate.com (http://www.windowsupdate.com/) and selecting the 'Custom' button to check for updates. Once finished checking, on the left-hand menu there is a 'Hardware, Optional' type link. There could possibly be a driver update for the 'Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver'. If there is, mark the check box next to it for download, and then 'Review and install updates'.

chaefner

chaefner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I tried doing a search for 'Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver' and found nothing. Whenever I disable Creativ SB Audigy LS i restart my computer. Then I enable it once my computer comes back up then i restart it again. It work for no more than 1 minute then in the Sounds & Audio Devices Properts window it says "No Audio Device" under the Volume tab. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still isn't working.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Try uninstalling both Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver and everything that has to do with your audio and reinstalling. From your computer or mainboard's/sound cards's manufactures website.