Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

World of Warcraft

• Please log in to reply

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Im wanting to make a macro for tank assistting and not sure how to do it? I'm pretty sure that i would have to change the name of the tank (in the macro text) on every raid or instance we ran, but that is no problem.

I know that if i type in /macro - the macros menu will come up and then from there i can select an icon and then name the macro, but i'm unsure what to enter in the text field

Currently i have to click on the tank and then type in /assist and i will start attacking whatever the tank is atttacking. It would seem allot more efficient if this could be done with just one mouse click.

If you know how to accomplish this or can direct me to another site with "WoW"macro tutorials (other than curse-gaming as i've already been there and looked) i would appreciate it.

Advertisements

Tibatron

Tibatron

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I haven't played WoW in a long time, but I think if you type "/assist (tank name)" in the text field, you will be able to just click the macro once and it will work.

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
works like a freakin champ. Thanks

Now i wonder......

If the healer in the raid is being attacked by a mob and the healer is targeting a party member for heals, is there a way to target the mob attacking the healer..... without the healer having to stop targeting party members for heals?

/assist name ......wouldn't work since he is targeting another party member

would have to be something that would assist the name of the healer with like nearest aggro or something, i dont know for sure about this one? Any ideas anyone?

Edited by SpaceCowboy706, 23 May 2007 - 06:17 AM.