Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No access to file

• Please log in to reply

Supadad

Supadad

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have a big problem. I placed a computer on a domain, from the workgroup. The problem is, is that I did not give the new domain user's account rights to the old workgroup profile account. Now that the computer has been transferred over to the new domain I cannot access the old profile account, even with local admin rights on the box. My question is, is there a program that will enable me to get into a file that I have no rights to? I am guessing reverting the computer back to the workgroup would be fine IF I had written down the exact name of the computer, prior to the switching to the domain, which of course i did not. Arrghh I'm so mad at myself, this gentlemen definitely needs to access these files again. Please HELP!!!

Advertisements

Supadad

Supadad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Never mind, I think I figured it out already. I must go and change the ownership of the profile. Once I login I should be able to do so and then I'll be able to access everything.