Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with save dump

• Please log in to reply

BigRodz

BigRodz

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My computer keeps crashing and I have no idea why. Could someone please read these save dumps and tell me whats causing this to happen? Thanks in advance.Attached File  dumpcheck.zip   121.79KB   99 downloads

Advertisements

BigRodz

BigRodz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
bump

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I apologize for the for the wait unfortenently you will have to wait a bit more I will take a look at this tonight while I am reinstalling everything on my other computer. In the meantime if you have another computer handy in my signature there is some instructions on solving blue screens with minidumps if you want to do it on your own you can.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I apologize for the wait you have received 4 Blue screen error messages from each of these minidumps all point to the probable cause of.
SYMEVENT.SYS Here is more info on sysmevent.sys

You are getting in all for of your minidumps the Blue screen error message
0x7F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

05-22-07-05 -05
You get a blue screen 0x7F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Comes up with a Parameters
8, f793bd70, 0, 0
Parameter one tells me that

0x00000008, or Double Fault, is when an exception occurs while trying to call the handler for a prior exception. Normally, the two exceptions can be handled serially. However, there are several exceptions that cannot be handled serially, and in this situation the processor signals a double fault. There are two common causes of a double fault:

1. A kernel stack overflow. This occurs when a guard page is hit, and then the kernel tries to push a trap frame. Since there is no stack left, a stack overflow results, causing the double fault. If you suspect this has occurred, use the !thread debugger extension to determine the stack limits, and then use the kb (Display Stack Backtrace) debugger command with a large parameter (for example, kb 100) to display the full stack.
2. A hardware problem.

On Minidump 05-22-07-06
You get a blue screen
You come up with parameter of
8, f793bd70, 0, 0

on minidump 05-22-07-07
You get blue screen of
You come up with a parameter of
8, 80042000, 0, 0
Probably caused by : SYMEVENT.SYS

On minidump 05-22-07-08
You get a blue screen of
You come up with parameters of
8, f78fbd70, 0, 0
Probably caused by : SYMEVENT.SYS

Often times Malware tends to try to disable antivirus programs sometimes putting the program into a blue screen.

We now need to make certain that this issue is not malware because if we troubleshoot otherwize we may be wasting our time.

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the Instructions things to do before posting in the malware fourm.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

BigRodz

BigRodz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Here's the latest the savedump. This is from when my pc shutsdown when I open World of Warcraft and load my character. Maybe you can give me some insight on why this is happening, while I wait for a response from the thread I created on the malware forums as you suggested.Attached File  Mini053107_01.zip   25.26KB   91 downloads

Update: I was able to stop my pc from automatically shutting down when I loaded into WoW by using a program called ATITool to underclock my video card.

Another Update: My pc still randomly crashes only while World of Warcraft is open, but I think it might be cause the fan on my video card stopped working.

Edited by BigRodz, 05 June 2007 - 06:03 AM.