Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Power Supply fails?

• Please log in to reply

plo

plo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Edited by plo, 27 May 2007 - 07:42 AM.

Advertisements

plo

plo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
yeah i got abotu 5 or so, none of them seemed particularily dangerou

i'll do the safe mode scan when i can, got uni soon :whistling:

ps. good god i'm unfortunate.... jsut tonight every now and then whiel i'm playing WoW, the screen for WoW only freezes and i have to force quit it to fix it but after that happening twice, when i go to open it it says something about the 3d accelerator not being able to and i need to upgrade 9.0c except i checked with Everest and I am with it... btw when i got a new gfx card about 5 months ago, they told me they had to replace my 3d somthing in my computer (they=shop ppl) does this help?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try going here and getting the full package of DIRECTX 9c..
reread my last post..I edited it and added a link..

plo

plo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
i ran the scan and don't think it got it off...

I can't remember how to get into safe mode sorry, don't you hold down a key as u boot up?

this is the report from that thing:

"Running from C:\Documents and Settings\Banjo Ramsay\Desktop\ren-cmdservice

cmdService Not present

Post this in the forum please."

... who knows, perhaps it is gone? btw can't run spybot after anyway cause that pc-cillin virus thing you got me to get uninstalled it and AVG >.< lol said they were incompatable

thanks for your continueing help :whistling:

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
to get into safe mode

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power
* Wait 10 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
* Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected by using the arrow key
* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
* When you are finished with all the scans... close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would...
download spybot again and install it...run it in safe mode also...

can't run spybot after anyway cause that pc-cillin virus thing you got me to get uninstalled it and AVG

are you saying that pccillin uninstall AVG and spybot...??

plo

plo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
yeah when i was installing that pccillin trial, it told me that AVG and spybot were incompatable and had to uninstall them

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
at the end of the trial ...if you don't buy the program... then reinstall AVG and Spybot S & D

plo

plo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
ok will do thanks

going to bed soon, will run scan while i sleep :whistling:

plo

plo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
hey sorry for the late update, i ran it in safe mode and didn't rly come up with anything that couldn't be removed.... i've decided to get rid of that trial thing and in doing so i've gotten rid of ALOT of computer lag, i'm reinstalling AVG though

personally i dont think these shutdowns are ad aware realted or somthing like that, of course i'm not half as knowledgeable as you are on this topic but thats just what i think :whistling:

shutodwns still occur as usual

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I'm done for the nite myself...I'll reread the thread in the morning to see if I missed anything...and to figure out what to try next...

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
EDIT...duplicate post

Edited by happyrck, 03 June 2007 - 07:53 AM.

plo

plo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
hey man, problem persists.. any new ideas?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
yep...
Please download and unzip Ren-cmdservice to your desktop.
It will only work correctly if the folder is placed on your desktop and extracted !!.
get it here
Open the ren-cmdservice folder by doubleclicking it and then doubleclick the
ren-cmdservice.bat file to run the program.
A text will open when it is finished, Post it please.
Then restart the PC run spybot check for and fix any problems found...give me a list of anything it finds

plo

plo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
i unzipped to desktop, told me it was runnging from C:\Documents and Settings\Banjo Ramsay\Deskptop\ren-cmdservice

now dunno whats going on there but once i hit any key, clears all that and nothing happens, from emmory i've done this before or something like it but can't remember the the outcome .... also ComandService doesn't show up on my virus scans anymore so <shrug> i'll keep trying this periodicly until you respond

thanks again

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I believe this is a heat issue...did you build this system yourself...how many case fans do you have...