Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

8600 GTS graphics

• Please log in to reply

brettt777

brettt777

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
I just got a new Dell XPS system and it has an nVidia 8600GTS in it. I am wondering what features and functions I need to turn on and where, to make the graphics look as best they can. In GTR2 config, I have it set to 1680 x 1050 x 32 (Dell digital wide screen) and have the AA on the highest setting. Even with lots of cars on track, I get great fps (60-110) but it just doesn't look that great. My Radeon X700 in my old system had a better picture. I am sure there are functions/features I need to activate or adjust, but I am not sure where they are. Is there some other settings panel in GTR2 that I haven't found yet? I saw the nVidia control panel but am not really sure what to do with it.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
you say you have a digital wide screen.... if you mean LCD screen they have a native setting that they must be set at to run the best. You'd have to find out what that is from the book/manufacturer.... Also LCD's arent' the best for gaming....

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Right now LCD is the best gaming monitor you can get, best monitors period CRTs used to be better but not for a couple of years they were even more expensive than CRT to get good ones. Make sure the res is right maybe adjust settings outside the program with the nvidia control panel rather than in game.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If the adjustments don't make any difference, sometimes an updated driver could fix some simple issues like this. Have you installed the latest drivers?