Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Lagging (SLOW)

• Please log in to reply

Slikkie

Slikkie

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
I have a BIG problem with Windows XP. I recently formatted my Windows XP Home. After the re-install, everything is EXTREMELY slow! My menus lag, it takes time minimizing and maximizing a program, when scrolling webpages I experience extremely sluggish performance. Generally my Windows is slow, and I can't figure out why. It's a fresh install after all. Before formatting, everything was running smoothly without any hassles. Here are my system specs if that will help.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+
1GB DDR2
160GB HDD
128MB GeForce 6150

Like I said, I've never had any problems. After the format however, it's a completely different story. Please help I need to get this fixed asap.

Thank you

Advertisements

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Did you install the system's drivers?