Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Website + Screen Resolution

• Please log in to reply

will7577

will7577

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi all,

I have made a website using my screen resolution which is 1280 x 800. I have alligned everything to be perfect with all my tables roughly the same width etc.

But when my mates go on my site with a resolution of 1024 x 768 everything is out of place, things over lap each other etc. I have read up on this and havent found much out. I was wondering if their is anyway in making the site look good for both resolutions.

Thanks alot,

Will

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Link?

will7577

will7577

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Sure it's http://www.senuti.biz

Will

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
What did you use for making that site. FontPage?

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
[codebox]<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 6.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 6.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 6.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">[/codebox]
Oh, and the whole "no right click" script is the most worthless thing ever devised. If I want whats on your page, Ill get it whether you have that stupid script or not. I also would never visit your site again because of it.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
um, I missed that in all the mess.

You should really try to use something other than FontPage, maybe NVU? http://www.nvu.com/

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Maybe learn HTML?

Notepad is the best web design tool. Hands down.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Maybe a bit of a better text editor that note pad, I use EditPad Lite.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I use TextPad Pro, but its all basically the same thing. Plain text is the way to make a webpage, not a GUI. GUI programs just plain do not do it right.

will7577

will7577

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Well thanks for the complement about my site :whistling: And I am sorry you dont like that bit of code...I used frontpage because I am not a computer nerd so I don't know lots of HTML or Java Script.

Will

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
You didn't ask for compliments about your site. You asked why it was having problems. We gave you the answer.

Its having problems because its horribly coded, mainly because you used front page.

will7577

will7577

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I know I wasn't looking for complemants for my site but I wasn't expecting insults either, and when you gave that code you didn't even say what it is for, am I meant to copy and paste that, or is that my current code, or what?

Will

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
That is your current code, specifically the part that tells me that you are using Front Page.

There is nothing that I can do with your code to fix it. Having to sift through Front Page code to find a problem is like finding a needle in a haystack. Most all of it can or will cause problems eventually, thats specifically why we recommend that people do not use it.

will7577

will7577

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I tried out dream weaver but found it all a bit confusing and got a bit annoyed when I couldn't figure out how to publish my site :whistling:

Any recommended programs?

Will

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
If you are going to use a GUI, use NVU. Its the least annoying of the options available.