Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iMovie on a PC

• Please log in to reply

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Is there any way to use iMovie on a PC. My friends use it a lot and even though I despise Mac that's the one program that I think is layed out very nicely and is worth using.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Q: Is there a version of iMovie for Windows/PC?
A: No. iMovie runs on Macs only. An alternative application which runs on Windows is MovieWorks, but is not free (unlike iMovie). Windows XP now comes with a free application Windows MovieMaker, which does not have quite as much options as iMovie yet. The biggest disatvantage is that it does not allow to export your movie back to the tape. Here is a more exhaustive comparison.

http://ed.stanford.e...e_tmp/faqs.html

maybe not 100% official....but no...IMovie is ONLY for MACs

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
[bleep]. That sucks. Whatever. I'm already starting to like Premiere and After Effects more.

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Premier is what I use too. its pretty easy to get the hang of and has some cool aftermarket addon filters.

whobdat

whobdat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
NEVER SAY NEVER!!! THERE IS IS IS IS IS A WAY TO LOAD I(U)MOVIE ON YOUR PC. I HATE LAME BRAINED SHEEPLE... HEHEHEHE

This is purely my opinion, for educational purposes, do not try this at home or anywhere, purely fictional work of writ,
that if tried you are responsible for hosing your Windows CP, not me, and any depiction or relation to persons, places, things, or ideas is of pure coincidence!

Sooo...

- Do not download and burn the *open source* G-Parteds utility iso to a Cd-rom on your computer.
- Do not boot said same fictional computer from the CD.
- Do not create a second partition on your existing Hard drive of at least 40 Gigabytes (shrink your current partition)
- Do not download the *open source* torrent downloader called Utorrents.
- Do not install said program Utorrent on your computer.
- Do not *Googles* "Iatkos Snow-Leopards 10.6.7 iso"
- Do not find the site like Pirates Bays and download this torrent
- Do not scan this downloaded file (after download completes in 100 years) with your Antiviruses programs.
- Do not burn this iso file to a DVD-r single layer dvd-r or dvd-rw.
- Do not boot from this burned Snow-Leopards installation disc.
- Do not check out the "OSX86s" websites that you would find doing Googles searches.
- Do not boot your PC to the installed Snow-Leopards OS that you installed on the 40 GB partition
- Do not go to any online fruit store that has a fruit logo.
- Do not download the umovie application that fictitiously exists
- Do not install the umovie that you downloaded from the online fictitious fruit store.
- Do not import, edit, play, or export any nonexistent movies that you record with umovies.
- Do not tell anybody online that any of these steps have succeeded if you were to try.