Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Premiere 6.5

• Please log in to reply

cgman

cgman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi folks I am using Premiere 6.5 and am working on editing a video. Every time I try to run a test render, Premiere crashes with either im-vfw.prm or QuickTimeMPEG4.qtx . It never fails! I am using both .avi and .mov in the same project but this has never, NEVER, happened to me before. The video is about 40+ minutes long and takes about 10+ hrs to render. Adobe will not admit there is an issue with their product and am unable to find the .prm and .qtx files to replace my old files. I would like to get your insight as to what may be happening.

Thank you,

Cgman

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Rendering video needs some serious processing power and plenty of RAM, so it's possible one of your RAM modules has become faulty. You can test your RAM with the 'memtest86' utility, but you need to run it for several hours to give your RAM a really good workout and get accurate test results. You can get memtest86 here: http://www.memtest.org/

cgman

cgman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I knew this issue was strange whereas one day it renders fine and the next it doesn't.
The issue was with Apple Quicktime! After uninstalling and re-installing, everything rendered fine.

thanks for the help

cgman

cgman

cgman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Nix that! Still having the same issue after reinstalling QT. Now it only occurs with quicktimempeg4.qtx.. this is extremely frustrating because It has worked flawlessly in the recent past.

any other suggestions?

cgman

msa123

msa123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm having same issue with the im-vfw.prm error rendering with Premiere 6.5. Have tried re-installing Quicktime, shutting down other apps., etc. Did you ever come up with a fix? Thanks!