Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer is slow all of a sudden

• Please log in to reply

t3chnon3

t3chnon3

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hi, i just recently had a virus and after healing it with avg antivirus, my computer has slowed down A LOT. Once windows starts up it's ok but after i open up some programs like winamp, mozilla internet my computer gets really laggy; to the point where i have to wait about a minute until a window closes. I don't know if the virus deleted an important file :/. Is there anyway i can solve this other than reformatting?

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
We now need to make certain that this issue is not malware because if we troubleshoot otherwize we may be wasting our time.

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the Instructions things to do before posting in the malware fourm.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Take a look at these ideas.

http://computercleanup.blogspot.com/