Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Exchange

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
There is major delays when sending to another domain from our Exchange server, the recipients IT department wrote me this:

the customer's IT add a Host record into his e-mail server as following, maybe it can fixed the delay problem

I know how to add a Host record to DNS but not into a email server. Can someone give me their take on what they are suggesting.

Thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i assume the DNS forwarder's didn't help?....they may be suggesting that you modify the HOSTS file on the server itself....basically giving that domain a static DNS assignment on the server itself....

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I tried setting up the smtp connector but it didnt connect, they wont answer me on what authentication to use as smarthost. I set them up by using DNS but that doesnt help because DNS is the problem.

That quote is what I got from them, I will add it to the Hosts file and see if it helps, but I am stumped at this point at what they are suggesting.

Thanks

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I use DNSreports and when I look up their domain it sometimes comes up and sometimes doesnt.

I am assuming that a SMTP Connector is the best/only way to get around the DNS issues. I sent them another message with a screenshot of the Outbound Security screen and asked what I need to fill it in.

I am really out of ideas.

Thanks

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well....the SMTP connector deal was a little bit of a longshot...it can get a bit complex

if DNSreports or DNSstuff has sporatic results contacting the DNS for their domain...then it's THEIR DNS system that's not good..

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Its really crazy, me and two other places in the US have sporadic results to them. But they say they have problems getting to us, when other people have no problems, frustrating to say the least.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
whatever DNS services they're using must be funky.....if you don't have issues with any other company besides this one...i would be inclined to point the finger at their system not yours....

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Exactly where Im at but executives here are believing them over me. Totally ticked off at this whole situation :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
of course...that's the way of the world...

every so often there are issues where some of my particularly insane executives can't access a portion of the corporate website in japan...but everything else works fine...they blame me because "it worked 2 days ago"...yeah that was 2 days ago..and i didn't change anything...their server is down and i don't speak japanese...you call them

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Haha, Im dealing with China. Its hard enough because they happen to be 12 hours different in time so you can only get one email a day before they go to bed.

If I hear that saying "It worked the other day" one more time Ill pull my hair out.

Man you hit that right on the head. :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the joys of a global economy...