Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

iexplore - Aplication Error

• Please log in to reply

laura91

laura91

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Hi, My computer has had a box coming up sometimes when i'm closing the internet down or shutting my pc down saying

The instruction at "0x7473c7db" referenced memory at "0x00000302" . the memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Usually caused by a badly written application that's trying to write to a part of memory that it's not allowed to. Probably some utility that runs in the background which Windows has to close before it can shut down. Only a process of elimination can reveal what it is. It isn't doing any harm or damage, just an annoyance. But if you have the patience to uninstall your third-party startup items one at a time until the error disappears upon shutting down, you will most likely discover what's causing it.

I used to get the same thing every shutdown and discoverd it was an Adobe application. strange thing is it only happens on some machines and not on others, even though it's the exact same program/same version on all of them. So it proves it's not just the software. It's some hardware just not getting along with it. That's the nature of a Windows PC -- no two are the same.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Try some
Clean Boot Troubleshooting

To identify what application that is running in the background it is being caused by.

Does the error happen in safe mode?

laura91

laura91

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
thanks!

i've never tried it in safe mode before and it would be hard to tell as it doesn't happen everytime it's just now and then it will appear. i had this probem before and i had to go through settings to lower a number or something i can't really mind what it was that i got told to do though.