Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 0x000000F4 Please help

• Please log in to reply

Paha

Paha

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I am sorry I know u already had to deal with this kind of error but I think my error is a little different form others. For like one month my computer started clicking than in couple minutes error message appears. I have tried doing system restore even installing video card that was in when i bought it and error still appears and getting worse. Stop errors i have gotten were
0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x8642B420, 0x8642B594, 0x805D1142) and sometimes its says something like
STOP: 0x0000007a (0xe199fa78, 0xc000000e, 0xbf916327, 0x1743e860)
win32k. sys - Address bf916327 base at BF800000, DateStamp 41107f7a,
Beginning dump of physical memory.
And i got this error too...
STOP: c000007b Uknown Hard Error
Unknown Hard Error
Beginning dump of physical memory
I hope this tells something... PLZ HELP

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
You are getting blue screen error messages.

First lets try last known good config. To get to that turn your computer on and start tapping F8.

Blue screen error messages are one of the most misunderstood error messages out there in regards to windows.According to Microsoft, only 5-20% of these errors are actually caused by the OS. Only 10% are hardware related. The other 70% are the result of faulty drivers or software incompatibility. Based on those numbers, less than 15% of blue screen errors can be permanently resolved with an OS reinstall.

So we can correctly solve this issue we need to get the minidumps.

To get the Minidumps do the following

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to %systemroot%\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder.%systemroot% is normally c:\windows. They are numbered by date. You can paste that address in address bar to get there.
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder. Please do NOT compress them in .rar
4 > use the "add reply" option upload that zip file here as an attachment.

Edited by tuxmaster, 24 May 2007 - 03:05 PM.

Paha

Paha

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thank you for answering (I am sorry for taking so long to answer because i try not to use my computer at home)
Ok I'll do that.

Edited by Paha, 29 May 2007 - 01:31 PM.

Paha

Paha

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I am sorry for taking so long... Can u plz tell me what dumpcheck contains and what it can tell u.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Open the computer box and try to locate the source of the click sound. It could be that your hard disk is failing. If you can run the computer go to My Computer > right click local disk C > properties > tools > error checking > check now > check the two boxes > start. Let the computer run the test to the end.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
The Minidump files are is a encoded file that pertains memory information on what happened on the time of the blue screen error message.

What I want the dumpcheck folder to contain is those minidump files in %systemroot%\minidump you only have to include the most recent ones.

Paha

Paha

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Well by asking that i meant is it save to put it here? Does minidump tell my address or what I have on my computer?

Paha

Paha

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
(To The Skeptic) Hey... I have tried error check that u told me about. I did full system check, computer worked fine yesterday and today it did the clicking thing again and froze.
I tried to open my computer and tried to locate the source of the click sound but its to hard to tell... I could be from hard drive, clicking sound comes from that area

Fallen_Milkman

Fallen_Milkman

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION is usually associated with defective hard drives (though this isn't the only problem associated with this stop code), but judging by what you are saying about the clicking noise and the pc locking up it's more than likely a faulty hard drive.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Looks like your hard disk is failing. First of all back up your important data. Second, remove the screws that attach the HD to the computer (4 screws, two on each side). Keep the disk connected to the cables but place it outside the box. Listen closely. This will help finding the source of the click. If you know how to perform a cloning of a disk clone it to another storage device. This will save you a lot of time if you replace the disk.

Advertisements

Paha

Paha

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Buy cloning disk will it save everything I have on my computer including my windows because I never got windows CD with my computer?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Yes it will.

Paha

Paha

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have Sony VAIO VGC-RB42G Desktop PC do u know if i need a special hard drive for it because i tried to connect my hard drive from old computer and i couldn't because connectors were different.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
From what I saw online, the Sony VAIO has what is called a Serial ATA (SATA) interface that the hard drive uses. I'm guessing your older PC uses the older Parallel ATA interface (PATA). If you look on the motherboard of the VAIO, there is probably at least one place to put a PATA cable, which the CD/DVD drive probably has attached to it. Attach the hard drive to another host adapter if possible, or you could plug it into the cable the CD drive is on.

Paha

Paha

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Does anybody know what kind of hard drives are the best this days?