Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web page

• Please log in to reply

coryw

coryw

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi im interested in making my own web site for the company i work for but i dont know much about web design i was wondering if there is a program available to help less expericed people like my self creat there own web site?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
There are many out there. Some free, some not. If you're doing this on your own, you might try out NVU, a WYSIWYG Editor, or Google for other WYSIWYG types. Might look at Website X5. It comes with hundreds of templates you can choose from and modify, but is not free. If you plan on doing a company logo, there are plenty of free online tools to do your graphics with, otherwise, PhotoShop, Fireworks, or similar apps would be useful. Some people like Dreamweaver 8, but it has its inherent problems in coding. There are some addition help apps that would be useful, but these would get you started. Would suggest that you get some books on HTML and CSS to read to bring you up to speed to code your own pages. The W3C.org has lots of useful info as well as Validators to use.

Ron

coryw

coryw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Do you know of a Easy to use free copy with no trials or hidden stuff like that?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Which free choice do you want? A free WYSIWYG Editor or a free HTML Editor? There are also some free, but limited graphics programs. I use Matrix Y2K 2007 Beta, but you can only get the Y2K 2005 right now unless you are will to test on Vista for the author. Just let me know and I'll contact him.

Matrix Y2K 2005

No trials or hidden stuff with this editor.

Ron