Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem Uninstalling Apps

• Please log in to reply

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
So a week ago I tried to uninstall Visual Basic .NET and it didn't work. Posted here and didn't get any help. So Im like okay Ill live with it. And now I tried to uninstall Macromedia Flash8 because I'm getting CS3 soon. And what do you knowit gives me errors. Here is the Flash error " Error 1316.A network error occured while attempting to read from the file C:\Windows\Installer\Macromedia 8 Flash.msi" and then it says "Fatal Error During Installation." I need help with both of the problems. So here is the Visual Basic .NET error, "Setup is unable to determine a valid ordering for the installation. See error log for further details." I really need to uninstall these programs. A big thank you to anyone who helps me with this problem.

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Did you ever go into the C:\WINDOWS\Installer folder and delete anything.

I know that sometimes that stuff can get cleaned up because it takes up space, but never gets used until uninstalling.

Something to try off the path is, can you reinstall / repair the apps then uninstall them?

Let me know.

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Take a look at THIS website. Looks like it might help you out.

good luck

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Tried all of that stuff on the site and it said it uninstalled i but it just removed it from the Add/Remove list.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Now i have a new problem. i got that stuff uninstalled. And I installed CS3. But now i have adobe bridge and adobe stock photos i cs2 and cs3 and i cant figure out how to get rid of it.