Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

this must be a common and its no good help

• Please log in to reply

triger

triger

• Pip
  • 6 posts
:tazz: oi i just got my new computer and after starting it up it gives me an error and the screen turned black. it loads up again with black background telling me i have an error \window\system32\config\system and so i load up the window xp recover software and i hit enter to install. i hit f8 to agree and then it tells me to select a drive and the four options all say unknown disc <there is no disc in this drive>. so i just hit enter to install and then comes with the blue screen with setupdd.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. and tells me to restart. i do that and back again at window xp menu and i select r to repair and it brings me to a black screen where i have to type commands. i need help to get my computer working again. also a buddy of mine said it wont recogonize the drive. dont know what he means so i really need help with this since i am all the way over in iraq not back home in the states ;)

Advertisements

dflo404

dflo404

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
What it sounds like you'll have to do is just completly format the partition, and install windows in the fresh space. Do this as follows:

-Make sure the "Operating System (Reinstalling CD Microsoft Windows XP)" CD is in the drive, and restart the computer.

-When the message comes up, press any key to boot from the CD.

-Once it all loads, it Enter to set up Windows XP now.

-Hit F8 to agree with the terms.

-Press Escape to not perform a repair.

You should now be at a list of the partitions you have on your computer, which is most likely only one. Make sure that one is highlighted (probably the C drive).

-Hit D to delete the partition.

Once it's deleted, that space is completly empty, and should read "Unpartitioned space). Now you can proceed installing a fresh copy of windows in that space. Hope this helped! :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Wait... Don't do that

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
OK, this SOUNDS like corrupted registry and it is repairable.

It is unclear from your first post---in some ways, it sounds like you have a recovery cd, and in some ways it sounds like you have a windows cd.

It does sound like you can get into the recover console, though,

Print and follow the instructions on this page.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

triger

triger

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
oi the problem with this one You should now be at a list of the partitions you have on your computer, which is most likely only one. Make sure that one is highlighted (probably the C drive).

-Hit D to delete the partition.

Once it's deleted, that space is completly empty, and should read "Unpartitioned space). Now you can proceed installing a fresh copy of windows in that space. Hope this helped!

is that i have no option to select on this part.

and when i went to the support microsoft website i typed in md tmp and it says access is denied. letting you know the update will try to check tomorrow