Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Problems

• Please log in to reply

Kenny Baum

Kenny Baum

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Well i just recently bought a new computer from Cyberpowerpc. it arrived last friday. Ever since saturday when i boot it up it gets stuck at that Windows XP Loading Screen. I know it wasnt a power failor because i shut it down every night and start it back up for maybe 20 minutes or so and once again i shut it down. It will boot in safe mod but not with Start Windows Normally, nor with Last know configoration. Any Help would be helpfull!

Edited by Kenny Baum, 25 May 2007 - 06:24 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Re-install the video card software

Kenny Baum

Kenny Baum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Re-install the video card software

Are you sure. Because last night i did a system restore. Was installing my drivers for my video card. "Do you want to reboot your computer now?" and i clicked yes. Well it got stuck at the windows XP loading Screen.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
One difference between loading to safe mode and normal mode is the video card

Have you got a restore point from before anything was done to the video drivers

Kenny Baum

Kenny Baum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
not that i belive of. i shut it down last night, so when i get home ill let you know if it is still doing it. Thanks. and ill check up on the drivers!

Kenny Baum

Kenny Baum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Right now the computer is up and running i restarted it like 5 times, i did a system restore and i hope it works. I installed the Video card drivers and all. So i hope.

Well i have another problem. My mouse is all jumpy. i could be moving it around and all of a sudden it goes to the coner and i dunno whats the problems. I installed drivers for it before, and it didn't help eather... any help?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you right click the desktop, click properties, click settings, if you have monitor 1 and 2, and monitor 2 is the smaller, right click it to see if there is an un-attach option

Or your video card may have extended screen settings