Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Control ALT Delete

• Please log in to reply

5889johnbs

5889johnbs

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for this forum!

When I perform the "control-alt-delete" function on my laptop, the only option that comes up is the CPU Usage/CPU History table. This is a new problem - the laptop is about 3 years old. I did not install new software. I have the Norton security & SPAM suite. The only way to get rid of this screen is to repeat the control-alt-delete function until there's a group of them and then close the group.

Thoughts?

Thank you again.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi 5889johnbs...

By your description, it sounds like the Task Manager is opening in the small footprint mode. Try double clicking in the bottom border area and see if it returns to normal.

wannabe1

5889johnbs

5889johnbs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for your reply - no joy. It is the standard size screen, it's just that this is the only one of the 4 menus displayed.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Use this link to kelly's korner. Go to number 113 and try the repair task manager option.

5889johnbs

5889johnbs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
"The Skeptic"

OUTSTANDING! Thank you and yes, it did the trick.

5889johnbs

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Thanks for letting us know.