Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shortkeys

• Please log in to reply

Sp3ke

Sp3ke

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Hello Geeks 2 Go,

I've recently been hearing alot about "Shortkeys" and personally I don't have a clue about them, or what they do, or how to get them. I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but any help would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks everyone, Sp3ke.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you talking about shortcut keys or hotkeys or something to that effect?

hotkeys or shortcut keys are a group of keystrokes that can be used to preform common actions within a given piece of software...each software package will have it's own group of hotkeys and or shortcut keys...this includes windows..

do you have something specific that you're wondering about?

Sp3ke

Sp3ke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I'm not really sure. But recently I've heard alot of people say stuff about them.

E.g :

Person 1 : Types fast on a Chat Client.
Person 2 : Quick typing person 1, do you use shortkeys?

And is there is a link to Download "Shortkeys" if you could link me it would be really helpfull.

Thanks for your help, Sp3ke.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
AH!! that makes more sense http://www.shortkeys.com/ looks like what you're talking about....it basically lets you set up "profiles" in such a way that when you type something somewhere it will replace a rellatively short amount of text with something larger...so if you type LOL it would replace that with Laughing Out Loud etc... there are a multitude of programs that do this (i use autohotkey)...but this is the specific one you're talking about i believe

Sp3ke

Sp3ke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Awsome Ds.

Thanks for all your help, really appreciated.

(Problem solved)

Peace, Sp3ke.