Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Javascript not enabled

• Please log in to reply

cleatus fist

cleatus fist

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have recently moved house, into an area from the dark ages which doesn't have broadband. I am now back into the joys of 52 Kb dial up and have found that on many sites that I get a "javascript not enabled" warning, which varies from being an irritant to rendering the website unuseable.

I have been through Tools\internet options\security\ custom level and set the scripting as the google tutorials says to, but no joy.

is there a problem with dial up and javascript?

is there any way to get round the problem?

or am I just being stupid?

any help much appreciated!

Advertisements

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
There is no problem with javascript and dial up.

Do a check on js perhaps updating will help.

Check

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Let's not confuse Java and JavaScript as they are not the same. Java Applet scripting is also settable in Internet Options for IE.

Ron