Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Looking for Guide,Book,etc.

• Please log in to reply

leedownen123

leedownen123

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I recently applied to GeeksU to expand my knowledge of fighting malware. I am looking for a guide or something similar to GeeksU to pursue my education in computer hardware. Not necessarily computer building guides but how everything works together and how to determine hardware compatability. I also want to learn how to determine the performance of something by looking at the specs of something without physically having the piece. Any useful information would be appreciated.

Sidenote: I'm not sure if I should post another topic for this in another category, but I am also looking to expand my skills on Linux (I AM VERY NEWBIE TO LINUX). Specifically how to use Linux and wireless cards together in OS's like Backtrack, but basically just general information on Linux distros. Like why is Windows so easy to use, but Linux has a lot of commands and codes needed to run it in daily operations.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

There's a couple of websites I would recommend for computer hardware. They are:

www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk - this has lots of good general advice & information on specific hardware & also on computer building & problems etc

www.howstuffworks.com - good for technical info on specific components

www.tomshardware.com - good for compatibility info

www.usbman.com - excellent for USB related issues