Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

WindowsExplorer stops responding everytime I try to bropowse my pc

• Please log in to reply

alestor666

alestor666

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
so my favorite burning software is nero so i decided since during my upgrade to vista it removed it i assumed it just didnt put it back and if there was a compatability issue it would tell me so then i could uninstall it well i attempted to install said program and after it was almost done i was told it needed to remove previously instaled versions well i agreed as usual and i was told it couldnt find nero media player and nero something so it then prompted to restart i did so. upon reboot the computer in the task bar said a program was blocked from start up well it was something titled MSI i hadnt seen it before assuming it was part of nero since the icon looked like nero install icon i tried to let it run same thing about not ifnding nero media player again and asking to restart fine i did it again when it rebooted i ignored the blocked program issue and continued to get to my computer to see if it could be uninstaled that way as the option wasn't presented to me anywhere else well about immediately after opening my computer i get the windows explorer has stopped working and i s checking for a solution window it then switches to is restarting and i never get an error report and the error report doesn't even show up in the list of errors in the problems and solutions page. i get the same issue when i try to open folders on the desktop or go to the control panel but oddly as long as you are faster than before the error can come up you can still access things of coarse there closed immediately after when it restarts the explorer so what may i ask is the issue here and what the blast do i do my last restore point is like 3 months ago so its not worth attempting that i scanned the installer and am currently scanning my computer with avast antivirus

Advertisements

alestor666

alestor666

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
im gueesing no one has a clue?

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello alestor666,

Apologize for the wait a lot of us are not quite confertable with vista yet so responce times are longer.

What version is your nero Software?

alestor666

alestor666

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Hello alestor666,

Apologize for the wait a lot of us are not quite confertable with vista yet so responce times are longer.

What version is your nero Software?

7.8.5.0 is what i was trying to install when the problem arose i downloaded from neros site 7.9.6.0 and the exact same situation arose telling me it couldn't find pieces of nero to uninstall on my computer then it asked to reboot i did so and let the program run on startup then as it tried to install it said it couldn't find those things and asked to restart and it continues on like that still getting the windows explorer has stopped working stuff unless i do the cancel thing with the 7.8.5.0 install