Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Automatically download messages in Outlook 2007

• Please log in to reply

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
I've got Outlook 2007 installed on my computer & have configured an email account for my hotmail account. One thing I'm finding very annoying is that when I get new mail, Outlook only downloads the headers & not the entire message-like Outlook Express does. The reason I switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007 was cause I manage all my contacts in Outlook 2007 & using my mail through that just made it easier & more convenient. Is there any setting in Outlook 2007 that changes it to download the entire message & it's contents as it detects there is a new message on the server rather than just the header? Right now, I have to right-click on the message & select 'mark to download message' & then right-click on the folder under 'mail folders' & select 'process marked headers' or select the message so it will load in the reading pane but this often gets annoying because I don't have a very fast connection (512K d/l) so if it's a large size message Outlook 2007 just freezes for a long time until the message is downloaded, for smaller sized messages it would be faster but still takes time!
I've got Windows XP Home Edition SP2 installed on the computer.

Advertisements

manu08

manu08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
After posting up on about 6 different forums, finally I got a response to this & found the solution. In case anyone else ever comes up with the same query here's how to go about it.
Click Tools|Options|Mail Setup

Click the Send/Receive Button, then highlight "All Accounts" and click "Edit..."

Select the Hotmail account & make the changes as you want them.

Cheers =)