Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Another BF2 problem!

• Please log in to reply

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I bought the complete edition BF2 series tryed to install it and it failed so i bought a new copy of windows (£5 student copy from college) XP Pro SP2 and it installs fine but when it comes to patching it always fails ive tryed many different ways to get round it but no luck so far. I must have tryed to install it like 10 times already and it always patching fails. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? or has anyone had the same problem and what they did to get round it?

Thanks,

Kurt

Advertisements

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hey, I had exactly the same problem yesterday.

Not sure if it works for all but it worked for me =D
  • First off I uninstalled bf2 completely (including the files in My Documents) then restarted my computer.
  • Then I ran CCleaner, available here www.ccleaner.com.
  • Restart again and reinstall BF2, Restart again and install patch.
Like I said not sure if this was just luck but I tried many ‚Äúsolutions‚ÄĚ and this is the only one that worked.

Good Luck.

Edited by customcomp, 27 May 2007 - 07:33 AM.

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Nope didnt work! Ive tryed all the things they tell you to do on EA games website but EA doesnt actually know what causes this problem. What annoys me is that it doesnt patch on a new installation of windows.

Does anyone else know what i could do to try and fix this? Also is there anyway that i can de-activate my copy of windows and reinstall?

Thanks