Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mother Board Powering up

• Please log in to reply

noor parkar

noor parkar

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Dear All,
here is my problem

how will i turn on motherboard without power switch in front of the case
there is working power supply i just want to turn on the pc without pressing the button in front of the case.
so i think there is a way to do it from motherboard .can u please let me know.

thanks
noor
UAE

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Assuming everything else is plugged in properly and that you have enough of a load on the power supply to stop it burning itself out (plugging the 20/24pin connector and the 4pin ATX connector is usually enough), you can start the computer by just simulating your pressing the button.

When you press the power button on the front of a computer case, all it does is bridge a gap, provide a complete circuit and sends a signal to the motherboard to start normal bootup sequence. Without a switch, one can simulate this by using a decent size screwdriver to gently short the two connectors and start the board.