Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DNS error - 2 Websites not opening

• Please log in to reply

UBS

UBS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Oh, I did fix the filrewall thingy with the sharedaccess.reg file. It had something to do with netsh command that you gave me.
I just had to reset my firewall settings after running sharedaccess.reg file. Thanks anyways.

I came here for help because my ISP technitians are useless. Just thought you could help me out.

Thanks for everything. I guess I'll have to live with it. Take care and thanks again.

http://windowsxp.mvp...haredaccess.htm --->to reset firewall.

Edited by UBS, 05 June 2007 - 09:20 AM.

Advertisements

lagoonguy

lagoonguy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Are you using a router? If so, unplug the router and plug the internet directly to your PC --- i had this exact problem, but when i plugged directly to my PC, all the sites came up. this was working fine earlier, i think my router might be on the fritz.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You can add a DNS server to those in your listing. There's one called openDNS which is free and works well. Last week our provider was having DNS trouble and we were able to browse because openDNS was added to our list.

You don't have to sign up or join anything. Just add

208.67.220.220 or

to your listing.