Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burning bootable cd

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I have a bootable floppy disk that contains Ghost. I need to get that to a bootable cd for Win XP. I have used combinations of free software and cannot find the right combination.

If anyone has been able to do this please let me know what you used and steps you took to get it done successful.

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Nero 6 will do it.
Nero 7 will do it as well but not the lite cut down version that comes bundled with the DVD Writers.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Do you have specifics on the steps involved, because i havent been able to do it.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
For Nero 6, open up Nero Express. Point to Data -> Bootable Data Disk. If you want to add any other files, do them here and click Next. Select option to read Boot Disc in Drive A, having boot said floppy in the drive. Click Next. Then click Burn on the next screen. The floppy drive will churn around for a bit. When Nero says it's done, its done. You should now be able to boot off the CD.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Got it, thank you.