Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Older case -Newer Moboard

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a relatively older (but new as in unused) ATX tower case and a new ATX 550w silent PSU and is everything that I want. The case hase the normal bunch of leads to the case fan - reset switch - on off switch - cabinet speaker etc. but! the new Intel pentium4 925x mobo has none of the pins to accomodate, just a bunch in a double strip called control panel, how can I determine what lead goes where???????????????????????????????????????

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Google the board model and find a manual. Or just plug them in and see what does what via process of elimination.

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Short tutorial on finding manuals:

model# Filetype:pdf

Many times that will get you a manual without having to browse through the mfr's site. You can even get manuals for special boards this way.

Of course you can go to the maker's site if it is still available.

Edited by Tyger, 27 May 2007 - 03:20 PM.

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Intel MB connections,