Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connection Issues with DHCP connection

• Please log in to reply

Hoodlumn

Hoodlumn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Sorry if this same issue has already been posted. I'm not too familiar with this type of connection so I'll give you all I know.

My internet has begun to shut off and back on every 5-10 minutes. It only does this in the afternoon. and when it becomes night. It's perfectly fine. The connection is a wireless connection to a access tower about a mile away. It needs a direct line of sight to be working. It's a DHCP connection also. I reset all my equipment, including the computer as well. I also tried to run a direct connection instead of a router.. and it still disconnects and comes back on. Any help would be great! If you need any more info please let me know.

Also.. it disconnects on an average 5-10 minutes. and stays off for about 1 minute. sometimes it could stay on for 30 minutes... and then disconnect.. It's just never been connected longer than 1 hour during the morning/afternoon.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...if you can directly connect to the wireless modem without the router and it still does it...then it's probably not the router right? eliminated one piece of hardware

have you called your ISP yet to ask them?