Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just Cause lags a lot!

• Please log in to reply

Icculus

Icculus

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
So my system, AMD 3000+ 2.1 GHz 1GB ram has a Radeon X1300 VX710 vid card, audigy 2. The recommended system for Just Cause is 256 vid card, 1 GB ram, and 2.8GHz Pentium.

Why does this game lag so much, I put all of the graphics detail on low, lowered my screen resolution (from 1280X1024 to 1024X768, my monitor is 1280...) and still can hardly play the game. I will restart and check out which processes are running on startup, and no other programs are running while I try to play

Any advice?

Advertisements

Icculus

Icculus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
So, Firefox (which I started) takes up the most memory, then explorer, svchost.

inotask
inort
outlook
wcesmgr
stylexp
wuauclt
wescomm
inorpc
adefragservice
svchost
spoolsv
svchost
ctsysvol
wmiprvse
taskmgr
groovemonitor
svchost
svchost
cli
csrss
alg
services
ctfmon
cli
svchost
daemon
ati2evxx
stylexpservice
pg2
ati3evxx
qttask
defragtaskbar
vttimer
winlogon
defragactivitymonitor
ctsvccda
lsass
smss
system
systemidleprocess

Mircosoft active sync usually starts up for my palm pilot.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Have you got any themes for XP installed as they will slow your PC down if you have a Vista Transformation pack or a pack that has alot of graphics in it. If i was you i would get rid of all the programs that you dont need. If you want to run the game better then i suggest upgrading your graphics card as the X1300 isnt that good for gaming. You can get a Geforce 8600 which have direct x10 compatiability (for Vista) and are pretty powerful for the money.