Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I've had enough...

• Please log in to reply

Jay_Shrimper

Jay_Shrimper

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
The whole things a piece of **** to be quite honest with you. LOL.

I've got a comp, with windows xp. Well, I had to do a destructive recovery on my PC and ever since I've done it, my speakers aint worked! Well infact, nothing to do with audio seems to be working! I can't get no sound, says theres no drivers for it, can't update the drivers. I don't have a disc to install them ( i didn't need to 'install' them before i did the destructive recovery) so I have no disc. Before they were just plug in and then they work but now they don't..and my computer says I have no drivers or something?!?!

I really am at my end with this thing and I really want sound. I can't live without sound, I've had to resort to the radio playing music for me!! Arghhhh....

Any idea on how I can get drivers that will make the speakers work? How to see if I have any drivers? Or if theres a severe technical problem somewhere?

Please guys, I'm counting on you to help me!!! And please use some easy to understand language?!?!?!

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Jay_Shrimper...

What is the make and model number of your machine?

Right click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties". Click the "Hardware" tab, then the "Device Manager" button. Do you see any yellow ! or ? icons displayed next to any devices?

wannabe1

Jay_Shrimper

Jay_Shrimper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
How do I find the make and model of my machine?

And heres a screenie..

Attached Thumbnails

• Info.JPG

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
It's usually written on the machine somewhere. Sometimes it will tell you in the computer properties...right click "My Computer" and choose "Properties"...look under the "General" tab.

It would be nice to get the driver from the machine manufacturer, but we can probably get it with the information shown in the screenshot.

Jay_Shrimper

Jay_Shrimper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Which driver from which machine manufacturer? :whistling:

Edit, I'm off to sleep, so I'll catch up tommorow.

Attached Thumbnails

• Info_2.JPG

Edited by Jay_Shrimper, 27 May 2007 - 04:12 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Try This One. Download it and save it to the desktop. Right click on the downloaded file and choose "Extract All"...once it extracts, right click on the device (in Device Manager) with the yellow ! next to it and choose "Properties". Choose "Update Driver" and have it search for the best driver...it should find the one you just extracted and install it. You will likely have to reboot for it to take effect.

Jay_Shrimper

Jay_Shrimper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I did what you did, and heres what happened...

*Should be 3 screenies...*

Attached Thumbnails

• Stage_1.JPG
  • Stage_2.JPG
  • Stage_3.JPG

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
This looks like another case where you may need to the install the Universal Audio Architecture Drivers from Microsoft before the proprietary drivers will install.

Jay_Shrimper

Jay_Shrimper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
And where would I download those from?!

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
http://support.micro...kb/888111/en-us

Advertisements

Jay_Shrimper

Jay_Shrimper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I can't see where to download them?

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
support.microsoft.com/kb/88111/en-us

Jay_Shrimper

Jay_Shrimper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
You gave me that link before.

What I mean is that; on that page, I can't see anywhere to download anything.

?

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
jay you know what? i dont either :whistling: but i do know this... on those 3 screens you showed us screen 3 where it asks what do you want the wizzard to do? check the lower box. another window will come up check the dont search option a list of drivers will show up. im not sure if youve tryd that or not. i know their in there because i have the sis driver myself..

Jay_Shrimper

Jay_Shrimper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Would it be easier if I just went out and got a new sound card? =[[[[[[