Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I've had enough...

• Please log in to reply

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
if you want to spend the money instead of wanting to take a hammer or pour a glass of water on your machine it might just be :whistling:

Advertisements

Jay_Shrimper

Jay_Shrimper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I'd more than gladly take a hammer to this piece of junk!!!!!

My mum promised me a new box but it never did happen, and I don't wanna ask her in her current predicament.

I think I might just go out and buy a new sound card....Any decent but cheap ones you'd reccommend from the local PC World? LOL

Edited by Jay_Shrimper, 28 May 2007 - 01:23 PM.

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
ive always like sound blaster but as long as it meets your system requirements im thinking the first one off the shelf will work :whistling:

Jay_Shrimper

Jay_Shrimper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
So a cheap one, just stick it in and it should work? Will I have to buy new speakers as well?

Sorry for so many questions!!

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
thats why were here for the questions jay :whistling: no dont buy speakers not needed. just follow the install instructions for the card and you'll be fine

Jay_Shrimper

Jay_Shrimper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Why are computers so confusing? LOL. I can never get my head round even the simplest of tasks!

While I'm at it, should I also buy a graphics card seeing as I blew my other one up. I don't play games anymore as I've become so use to not playing them; but is it worth me investing in one?

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
lol jay :whistling: if your not having any problems with the graphics and in the future your looking at a new system then i would suggest not sinking anymore money than what it takes to keep that old grinder running:)

Jay_Shrimper

Jay_Shrimper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Ok. I suppose I could just download the songs and put them onto disc..and then play them through my surround sound! That way I don't have to spend any money on a sound card!!

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
sure could but you might get tired of that real quick.. get the sound card, the money you might spend on a graphics card use to by cdrw's with

Jay_Shrimper

Jay_Shrimper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Ahhh its a never ending circle!!!!!!!

Do you reckon I blew my graphics card then if I can't find any drivers for it??

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
what kind of graphics card is it and is it showing up in your hardware profile?

Jay_Shrimper

Jay_Shrimper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Couldn't tell you either of those!

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
the computer in question is the one your using now as we type? if your reading this may i suggest leave it alone

Jay_Shrimper

Jay_Shrimper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Leave what alone? My computer? Why???

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
well i thought i read in one of your posts you were getting a new one i mean if you want to have a look at the graphics card issue lets do it :whistling: