Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

3d acceleration doesn't work

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
often when i try to play wow or somthing, it tells me there is a problem with the 3d acceleration and that i need to have directx9.0c .... thing is.... I DO!

i'm constantly getting problems with this [bleep] box and its so depressing, if anyone has seen my other threads, think something could be related here?

about 4 months back or so (can't remember exactly) i couldn't play any games cause as soon as I got into them (often as soon as i turned moniter on and it wasn't a moniter issue) my screen would go to millions of colours for a second then jsut go black and stay like that) so I took it too some computer people, think i got ripped off cause thery told me to buy a new GFX card and THEN told me there was a problem with my '3d' somthing (can't remember what)

does this help? i've got everest and can post screenies... but i forgot how to do that :whistling: so if someone could tell me how that'd be great

thanks again

ur help is trully appreciated

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hi Plo,

Have you checked if Direct3D Acceleration is enabled through the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (Dxdiag)?

If so, then the problem may be driver-related. You may want to update your Driver.