Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't uninstall a program?

• Please log in to reply

Lykathea

Lykathea

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
When I go to uninstall this program it says it's going to take me to the screen so I can uninstall it but then gives me this error.

Posted Image

If someone could tell me what this means and how to uninstall it that would be great. :whistling:

Edited by Lykathea, 28 May 2007 - 10:06 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I know it sounds silly, but you will probably need to reinstall the application before uninstalling.

Lykathea

Lykathea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Tried it, it just asks if I want to uninstall it when I try to install it and gives me the same error.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well the good news is that this doesn't do a complicated install. if you just go to the install folder and delete it, that should take care of it.

Lykathea

Lykathea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I know this might sound stupid but do you know where the install folder could be? Because I couldn't see to find it..
I found a EA folder ( The game make ) but it didn't contain Black & White. I also did a search and it didn't find anything..

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
“I try to reinstall B&W but Install shield claims I already have B&W. What do I do?" Or, "Unhandled exception: error no 0x80040702 description: failed to load dll:E" "”

Go to the install shield information folder and delete the B&W install shield folder. It should be located under the programs menu (C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information). If you delete the B&W installshield information folder, it should install. The folder name should begin with {E51B…} (note the curly brackets around the folder name). If you don't see the folder, go to the tools menu in explorer, folder options and select the view tab. Select "Show hidden files or folders" and click OK.

http://www.planetbla...nstallunhandled

Edited by starjax, 01 June 2007 - 08:26 AM.

Lykathea

Lykathea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

“I try to reinstall B&W but Install shield claims I already have B&W. What do I do?" Or, "Unhandled exception: error no 0x80040702 description: failed to load dll:E" "”

Go to the install shield information folder and delete the B&W install shield folder. It should be located under the programs menu (C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information). If you delete the B&W installshield information folder, it should install. The folder name should begin with {E51B…} (note the curly brackets around the folder name). If you don't see the folder, go to the tools menu in explorer, folder options and select the view tab. Select "Show hidden files or folders" and click OK.

http://www.planetbla...nstallunhandled

Thank you! It worked. Thanks for your time! :whistling: