Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

whats wrong with my internet

• Please log in to reply

spunkyd

spunkyd

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
the malware forums have informed me that i am clean but my internet is so slow its unbelievable it can be normal (quite slow) then it can be amazingly slow. i am using a netgear wirless router and im not a noob at computers so i tried using my modem i was suplied with and it was basically just as slow (i have 8mb tiscali broadband) i play online games and use the web loads and this just sudenly started :whistling: i connected to a differnt houses internet next door and it works fine and its only like 2mb broadband. i also used my new laptop downstairs to check it wasnt my computer doing it but that was the same? (sorry if this is in the wrong section cause i wasnt sure)

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
you might want to contact your internet provider see if theres a problem on their end. this just happened you say? might be heavy conjestion can you run a trace route?

spunkyd

spunkyd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
trace route ? and if its like this tommorow well contact tiscali

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
to run a trace route go to start > run > type in cmd and press enter.

then type in
tracert google.com
and post the results in here.